Thursday, February 5, 2015

Valentine's Day Style Guide // 3 & 4

Yesterday, I posted two four-piece style guides that would be perfect for Valentine's Day, and there's still barely enough time to order these outfits for next Saturday. These are the rest of the style guides:


1.  //  2.  //  3.  //  4.
For look 3, I chose this lovely, lacey tunic from Free People. You can get a similar, more affordable one at Forever 21 here. I paired with the black scallop lace bralette from Urban Outfitters. I actually have one of those and it's the most comfortable bra you will ever wear, plus it looks really pretty with backless dresses and under sheer tops. I was really skeptical when I ordered one over the Summer, because I thought it would be hard to pull off and I'd look like I wasn't even wearing a bra, but I promise, you won't regret it. As for the shoes. I figured it can't really be a valentine's day outfit if it's missing red or pink, so I selected these blush wedges. I think they're way cute! And for the bottoms, I picked out these slim boyfriend jeans from Joe's because honestly, the softest, most comfortable pants I've ever worn were a pair of teal Joe's Jeans. Boyfriend jeans are very hard to pull off, but since these are slim they should be flattering on everyone and I just like the lighter wash with the white tunic. You could wear this look just about anywhere.

 1.  //  2.  //  3.  //  4.
And last but not least, my favorite of all the style guides! I'm in love with the tee! It's incredibly festive. I mean let me tell you, it was really hard finding pink and red and white clothes that fit my style and were easy to put into an outfit, so when I found such a festive piece it was like the heavens opened up. And you know how much I love soft pink. The skirt if from Madewell, and while I don't own a skirt from there, I have an aqua skirt from Topshop in the same style as the Countdown Skirt, and I find it very flattering and comfy. I love the high school feel of a short skirt and a denim jacket. It's so young and sweet, and the converse just add to that. Besides, the shoes are all the rage in street style fashion right now and denim is making a comeback this Spring, so you could definitely get a lot of wear from both of those pieces these coming months. This is the sort of outfit I'd wear to school and then maybe to a more casual date.

I wanted these outfits to feel very simple and classic, so if you want to add more accessories I'd suggest a set of simple gold stackable rings, which you can get just about anywhere that sells fast fashion (e.g. forever 21, H&M, Free People, etc.) and maybe a simple pendant necklace; they have a lot of options at Urban Outfitters and the stores I mentioned for the rings, and you can also check out your local antique store.

What was your favorite look?

And in case you missed it, here are yesterday's style guides.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!