Monday, April 18, 2016

Festival Fashion



Okay so this story actually begins several years ago, when I was a senior in high school. There's really only ever been two times in my life that I've come close to attending a music festival, although it's been at the top of my bucket list since I crossed off meeting Taylor Swift. I remember one day, sitting in the library, the day after the line-up had been announced and declaring to my friend Sarah that I was going to go to a music festival that year, if I could. Well, it turns out I couldn't because 1) I only had one part time job and I really bad online shopping habit and 2) It was too much planning and I didn't even know where to begin. I decided I'd go the next year instead, and I'd plan better, but then that never happened because I went to New York instead. Now, it's not that I decided randomly to go to a festival, it's really been on my bucket list since I was 14 and I discovered tumblr, and then indie music in that order. I specifically wanted to go to Coachella, of all the festivals, although I always considered Sasquatch a close second. Honestly, it's probably a location thing. I've always been closer to the two. Well, I knew this was going to happen eventually, I was sure of it.

Well, I'm moving to New York City in five months and if there's one thing I have left to do on the west coast before I start calling the east coast my home, it's to go to Coachella, of course. So I took on the planning and I found a fun little group to go with and I bought some boho outfits and well, I'm heading to the desert this weekend! Before I go, I wanted to show you guys some of my outfits. I actually really bought six outfits because I wanted options and I have no self control when it comes to Free People and festival fashion. I eventually narrowed it down to four outfits and I'm just going to decide which three I'll actually wear when I get there.

O U T F I T   O N E:







I actually already had this dress. I'd never worn it until we went to take these pictures. I actually didn't even think I really liked it that much until a girl came into the little restaurant I work at wearing it with the cutest little straw hat and black booties. Her outfit was just so cute I had to recreate it!



Dress: Free People // Booties: Steve Madden (from 2014) // hat: American Eagle Outfitters // Chain Belt: American Eagle Outfitters // Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters // Socks: Free People // Bralette: Urban Outfitters

O U T F I T   T W O:







This dress is also one I already had. I usually only wear it in the Fall, but I figured the bell sleeves would be perfect for the occasion. As for the sneakers, they're the comfiest pair I own AND they also glow in the dark, which the 6-year-old in me thinks is the coolest thing. (oh and sidenote - the flowers were just for the picture lmao I probably will not have flowers in my hair at the festival)

Dress: Free People (from 2014) // Sneakers: Alexandar McQueen x Puma // Socks: TopShop // Bralette: Free People

O U T F I T   T H R E E:







This copper dress is definitely my favorite! It was one of the last dresses I bought for Coachella, and I originally wanted a little mustard one also from Free People, but then I saw this one and I loved it so much more. The statement necklace was an impulse buy lol it's entirely different from the sort of necklace I thought I was going to wear with this dress, but I really liked how it has the tiniest little almonds dangling from the ends and I also loved the yellow with the copper. As for the sandals, I LOVE how they sort of look like booties from one side and sandals from the other. They're made of the softest material too, so they're definitely comfy and perfect for walking around all day.

Dress: Free People // Sandals: Miz Mooz // Fringe Necklace: Free People // Bandana: Urban Outfitters // Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters.

O U T F I T   F O U R:





Okay so, I should probably explain the two pictures above. It was actually about 40 degrees when we took these pictures, like all of them, except it was actually even colder when we took the pictures with the aqua dress and the copper one. That's why I was wearing a cardigan in these. So, with that said, I might actually bring the cardigan though because I've been hearing it gets cold at night in Indio and we're camping so it might be prudent. And while we're on the subject of outwear and warm weather articles, I'm also bringing a denim jacket, a fringe linen kimono (the same one, but in white) and this pair of bell bottom jeans for when it gets cold later.



And the following picture is of another outfit I was considering wearing that I decided not to bring. I wanted to show you this picture anyway because the jewelry is exactly how I plan on wearing it with the white dress outfit!



White Dress: Free People // Feather Necklace: Free People (from 2013) // Chain Belt (worn as necklace): American Eagle Outfitters // Tied Necklace: my sister actually made it! // Bralette: Free People // Halo: Serefina // Sandals: Miz Mooz
Second Dress: Jodiful

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!