Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

This week was the long exhale after breathing in for a long while. Do you know what I mean? I took a three hour nap two days ago, on accident. It was supposed to be 20 minutes. And it didn't bother me either, not because I didn't have anything better to do, but because I knew I needed it. And yesterday, I wrote an 8-page essay in two hours, which blew me away because usually those long essays take me 3-4 days. I also got to paint this week, so maybe that's why I'm so mellow. It's been lovely though, it really does feel like Spring. I don't know, I just have this strong desire to really live right now, not just stay in my room. I feel like I need to do something insane. I've been planning. I'm going to spend the last of my money on concerts. I'm going to go hiking too. And I really want to make things.

It's just so funny how mellow this week is. Two weeks ago, at this very moment, I was heading back from the natural history museum and I was in a rush so I took the wrong train and then I took the wrong transfer and when I got out I was in TriBeCa instead of the East Village and there was a lady walking by, yelling at her miniature poodle who was without a leash and peeing on the sidewalk in front of the freaking Papyrus. What is that. And now I'm curled up on my perfectly white, ruffled bed with an episode of Girls on pause, blogging. How leisurely. What a freaking contrast. What is this. And on Saturday, I'm going to spend an hour and a half teaching nine year old about feminism. And then after that I'm going to spend two hours teaching kindergarteners how to make a healthy snack and then ironically, we're going to eat cookies. I don't even know what I'm going to do the rest of the weekend. I'm excited though. Here are your links for today:

   - A beautiful essay about how Christianity and feminism go together for this author.
   - Cats playing patty cake. You need to have the audio on, by the way!
   - a short history of the soft bra, because as you know, I love bralettes.
   - Scientists are making little black holes to try to communicate with another dimension. We might all die.
   - A heartbreaking essay that had me in tears at the airport, of all places.

p.s. if you haven't already, I suggest you try the Caramel Flan latte at Starbucks. I'm on one of my intense coffee kicks in which 4-5 cups becomes the norm for a couple weeks and that's one of my favorites, so.

p.s.s. the picture is from Vadim L.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!