Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Lilly x Target


Lilly Pulitzer doesn't exactly fit with my personal style, well regularly. I mean usually, you'll find me in muted pinks and darker greens, and lots of black and ivory, and cream, and white. It's more simplistic and toned down... BUT I make an exception for Lilly, because lets be honest, how could I not? There's something so wonderful and whimsical about intensely bright florals and the classic A-line shift. It's romantic and old-timey. It makes me want to live in a small town on the east coast. It makes me want to spend a day at the beach, or maybe just sip lemonade or sweet tea on a porch with my favorite people. There's just something so classic in the concept. So when Target announced their collaboration with Lilly Pulitzer, my heart skipped a beat and as I tend to do when things get exciting, I told everyone who talked to me that day.


The interesting thing, though, is that I feel like the majority of the people I know who love Lilly Pulitzer and all things preppy were mad over the fact there would be a Lilly collection at Target. Their arguments were kind of silly, but I mean I do understand why someone would be mad that they saved up for a long time just to get a dress, only to have a similar one end up at Target for a fraction of the price they paid. Still, the pros outweigh the cons. And it's not like this is the first time Target is collaborating with a high-end brand. Frankly, I'm thrilled.


The collection will be out on April 19th, a Sunday! I've heard it's supposed to have 250+ pieces, including women's clothing (obviously), children's clothing, accessories, dinnerware, and cosmetics with L'Oreal and Essie. And the prices are supposed to range from $2-$250.

What do you think? Are you excited about Lilly x Target?

All the pictures are from the Target Look Book, by the way.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!