Monday, March 9, 2015

New York + A Playlist


 I accidentally took a two hour nap today, or this would have been up sooner. I swear I'm not lazy, I just stayed up insanely late last night studying for a midterm and the whole day has been a struggle for me. I blame it on daylight savings and the fact that I'm not a morning person and waking up at 5:30 just got so much harder. ANYWAY, onto the actual content of this post. Tomorrow night I'll be sitting on a plane, on my way to New York City. I had a countdown and everything, thinking that it would feel like forever because time tends to go slow when there's something exciting to look forward to. Or maybe that's just me. It all went by so fast and now it's finally time, you know. These last couple of weeks have been crazy as I was trying to get all my schoolwork done before leaving while simultaneously planning it. It's gonna be so exciting, I can't even wait. Before I go on, I have a playlist for you. I've been missing the days when I used to make my friends actual physical playlists, or mixtapes. So now here's one for you, I actually made it for my flight and it's a nice little peaceful mix. You'll love it, I'm sure.


Tracks:
   1. Four Walls - Broods
   2. Gold - Ruby The Rabbitfoot
   3. The National - Hannah Georgas
   4. Love and Some - Iron & Wine
   5. Twigs and Stones - Siskiyou
   6. You'll Still Be Mine - Maggie Eckford
   7. Bette Davis Eyes - Marble Sounds
   8. I Want to Know You - Measure
   9. Bridges (Live) - Broods
   10. Amsterdam - Gregory Alan Isakov
   11. Seagull - Saturday Sun
   12. Wants What It Wants (hushed) - Andrew Belle
   13. Begin Again - Measure
   14. Sleeping Alone - Lykke Li
   15. Far From Yesterday - Amy Stroup

you can listen to it here. I don't know to embed it with Spotify's new changes.

It's one of those things, you know. It's a moment that you imagined and daydreamed about, but didn't actually see happening in the near future. It almost doesn't feel real, but then on the other hand I've already made friends on the TVFU facebook group that it sort of feels familiar, you know? It almost feels like I'm walking down the street to an old friend's house, but not. Maybe I just love people to quickly and easily. It's a curse and blessing. I don't know if I told you, but I'm going to spend the first 1.5 days on my own, completely. And it's both ridiculously exciting and absolutely terrifying. This is gonna be my second trip alone, as you might know. I've always been an introvert, so the fact that I get to be alone just makes me giddy. Granted, one of the things I'm most excited about is getting to meet friends and cool people, but I'm still glad I get be alone at least part of the time. And since my last trip alone was so perfectly blissful, I know that this one should be too. At least I hope. I'm also the most paranoid person, though. So maybe I'm being irrationally carefree. I wouldn't know. Whatever. It'll be fun. Now all I have to do is go to one more class tomorrow morning and finish packing and then I'm off to New York, just like that.

Have a lovely week! I'll be back next Wednesday.

picture credit goes to Jon Ottosson.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!