Monday, March 30, 2015

On new beginnings...

there's something so amazing about Spring. I mean you could say that about any season, I'm sure. There's always something magical when seasons start, but there's something specifically sweet about Springtime and I don't know about you, but my heart is soaring and I'm so happy. I just feel like everywhere I look, everyone is so radiant and content with their lives. Even my room is brighter and I just want to be outside all the time, you know? And everything good is getting close. I'm thinking of it like a bridge, from the bleakness of winter to the bright, sunny days of summer. I mean think about it, school is almost over, I just have a month left. It's almost white dress season and you know how in love I am with loose, white frocks. I have a stack of books I need to read then, and I have new canvases still in their plastic wrap. And I have all these ideas swimming around in my mind and I feel like I need to start right now, because if I don't I'll never actually get around to making them. So I picked out this lovely quote:

 "And Suddenly you just know... it's time to start something new and trust in the magic of beginnings" - Meister Eckhart

 The picture is apparently from the Free People blog, this post in particular. I guess you could say I'm feeling inspired, maybe it's because I sat in class thinking about a particular Jackson Pollock work I saw at the MoMA, and what it made me feel, which in turn left me feeling inspired again. That place is magic, by the way. I don't remember if I told you. You go in there and it's like you're not in New York, but yet you still feel like you are. It's an alternate universe of inspiration. I don't even know. I'm rambling. Which reminds me, in one of my classes today the discussion was about Carl Jung's theories, something a good friend of mine insists I need to really know. In particular, we were talking about his idea that we have to bring out our subconscious mind, and everything that pertains to the shadow and then my professor started talking about how some people can reveal that through write, paint, and draw. It's like when you start writing and you just write and write and go on and on and then after a while you realize your hand hurts and there's a whole page of prose, in tiny handwriting, and some of it makes no sense but it was all in you and now it's out. I have sketchbooks full of pages like that. And as for painting, that's the only way I've ever been able to make actual art that I love, which I guess is why deadlines kill me, but anyway, I found the whole lecture so intriguing. See, I was just going to tell you I spent two hours drawing yesterday really early in the morning, and then I went on a tangent. And I also wanted to tell you I found the most beautiful fabric, some dusty rose lace that I haven't stopped thinking about. And I also found fabric that has little green rabbits on it, and I think I'm going to buy it because you know how I love little animals on clothing.

And finally, as per my usual early Spring tradition, I made you a playlist and you can listen to it here. And this is the tracklist:

Tracks:
   1. Safest Place - Echosmith
   2. Quarters in a Pocket - Iron & Wine
   3. The Garden You Planted - Sea Wolf
   4. What Love Looks Like - Rebecca Roubion
   5. Love is All - The Tallest Man On Earth
   6. Like a Light - Amy Stroup
   7. Rescue Song - Mr. Little Jeans
   8. Colour - Wild Cub
   9. Crawl - Bear Lake
   10. Like a Thousand Stars - The Honey Trees
   11. Percy Anderson - Jasmine Kennedy
   12. Digging Shelters - Neil Halstead
   13. Ireland - Liza Anne
   14. Forgiving Myself - Amy Stroup & Trent Dabbs
   15. Another Story - The Head and The Heart
   16. Down River - The Temper Trap

Have a lovely Monday night!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!