Thursday, May 26, 2016

What I'm Making: Archer Blouse


Technically, the title should have been "What I Made," because I actually finished this blouse several months ago in January during a really productive 3 week period when I decisively worked on several of the half-finished projects I had set aside throughout the last year. This blouse was almost a year in the making, as embarrassing as it is to admit that. It's not even a shirt I would actually select if I had to pick just ten shirts out of my closet. I've only worn it twice, and I knew when I was working on finishing it that it wasn't really my style, but I guess I felt like I needed to finish it just because I didn't want it to lay around useless and unwearable. It was also really fun to make! Then, we took pictures of me wearing it circa February, but I couldn't bring myself to post them because I didn't feel confident. This past winter was very rough and particularly stressful, so I inevitably reached highest weight and since the pictures weren't exactly to my liking there was no real rush, I decided to wait and take better ones. I'll go into more detail about that in my next playlist post - which is coming up next week or the week after. Anyway, I did eventually want to show you guys and so last Thursday I put on my bell bottoms and we went to take pictures by a cute little hedge on the side of the road.




Blouse: self-made, pattern HERE // Bell-bottoms: Free People // necklace / chain belt: American Eagle Outfitters // Shoes: Target (from 2015)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!