Monday, May 9, 2016

May Playlist: My Little Ribs Around You


The title is an interesting one. I've been listening to a lot of witch house lately, which is something I never thought I'd say lmao. I actually got the title for this mix from a lyric in the song Fineshrine by Purity Ring. You see, I've liked their music for quite some but now I have a special place in my heart for them. I don't know if it was the fact that I hadn't had anything to eat besides a couple popsicles and coffee for over 24 hours, or if it was their net of lights and the entire sensory experience, but I only remember fragments of seeing them live as if it was some sort of weird dream. I remember the hair style of the girl in front of me, I remember thinking I didn't have the energy to dance but dancing anyway, I remember stumbling over somebody on my way out. But enough about that, my favorite thing lately is listening to/reading random interviews from artists whose music I'm really into because I feel like I can appreciate their work even more if I can appreciate them as a person. So anyway, the other day I was reading an interview from Purity Ring and they were explaining this song, how it's a love song but it's not overtly so. It's literally about inviting someone into your heart, into your life without ever saying it. So, I put together this little mixtape of some of the songs I've been listening to most lately, particularly when I'm drawing.

Tracks:

  1. Fineshrine - Purity Ring
  2. I Think I Love You - Waxahatchee
  3. First Love Never Die - Soko
  4. A Summer Song - Conner Youngblood
  5. Dives - Alvvays
  6. Genesis - Grimes
  7. Patience - The Lumineers
  8. Please Be Naked - The 1975
  9. Such Words - Ghostly Kisses
  10. First Love / Late Spring - Mitski
  11. Korean Food - Frankie Cosmos
  12. Intro / Flowers - Grimes
  13. bodyache - Purity Ring
and you can listen to the playlist right over HERE.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!