Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fashion Industry Studies: Retail Marketing

Guys !!!! I'm almost done with my Fashion Industry Studies course! This time, my assignment was to go to the mall and take note of different store layouts and item placement and then to take a picture of a particularly interesting display at a store. This was harder than I thought it would be because it's actually really awkward to be standing there taking pictures of a store while people walk around you lmao. Anyway, so I ended up taking this picture of Francesca's jewelry display on my way out of the mall:


Their store layout works really well because 1) the first thing you see is the eye-catching jewelry, which is usually more affordable (and in this case even more so because it was 50% off). It's a smart way to ensure that people will be more likely to buy things. Another thing that works about their store layout is that they tend to categorize clothing by color schemes, rather than types of clothing. It's visually appealing!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!