Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June Playlist: Workout Mix


June is always a rough month for me. I'm not entirely sure why, but for as long as I can remember it's always when all the exciting things come to a screeching halt and everything becomes a challenge. Maybe it has something to do with it being the middle of the year. Regardless, I've been too busy, too exhausted, too anxious to come up with post ideas. I actually started a new job, four weeks ago and it's been a huge challenge for me, mostly because I've been beating myself up for not being a fast enough learner, not being loud enough, not being smart enough, etc. I also started meditating again, after reading a book by Deepak Chopra. It's been helping, but reading has been helping too, and so has the time I spend working out. All of that is cathartic. I managed to get back into a good workout schedule, and I've been better about eating healthy lately. What I usually do is I do BBG and I go on a 30 minute run on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Then on the in between days I go to yoga or spin class. I was originally going to make this post about my relationship with fitness and food and the challenges I've faced with that and where I am today, but I just don't feel like it would be right right now, not after the sort of day I've had (a pretty perfect, mindful one). So, I'm going to post about that another time. The point is, I really love having loud, upbeat music playing when I work out, whether I'm doing Kayla Itsines BBG at home or going on a run, and I really can't stand fitness classes where all they play Adele and the music isn't upbeat haha. I always just need the music to be PERFECT and I'm usually pretty good about making a new playlist every month, so I wanted to share it with you guys this month. It's about an hour long and it's pretty dang crazy - think lots of Sleigh Bells and Chairlift. I hope you love it.

Tracklist:

  1. Romeo - Chairlift
  2. Swords - M.I.A.
  3. All We Ever Knew - The Head and The Heart
  4. Kill V. Maim - Grimes
  5. Crown On The Ground - Sleigh Bells
  6. MCs Can Kiss - Uffie
  7. Bullet - Chelsea Lankes
  8. Born Again Teen - Lucius
  9. Turn You - Rocky Rivera
  10. Class Historian - Broncho
  11. Can't Get Enough of Myself - Santigold
  12. Moth To The Flame - Chairlift
  13. Best I Can Do - Misterwives
  14. Venus Fly - Grimes
  15. What's It Gonna Be - Shura
  16. Riot Rhythm - Sleigh Bells
And, you can listen to the playlist right over HERE.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!