Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Met Gala 2015

Hi, so right now, as I'm typing this, I'll probably fall asleep. It's not because I don't care, I mean I really do. I love the Met Gala. I look forward to it every year. The thing is.. I came down with a cold, I have two jobs, I'm spending like three hours a day cooking for the sake of eating healthy, and then I'm also trying to be productive and work on projects. Plus Taylor Swift just started her world tour and you know I had to be aware of all the details. It's exhausting. And guess what? I got another job. But don't worry, that doesn't start until the end of June. I'm actually going to have a whole three weeks of no work except on Tuesdays in June. It's gonna be exciting. I'm gonna spend it making art. As for right now, I'm going to have to make do with late-night blogging. Onto the actual topic.

The Met Gala was yesterday. The theme was China: Through the Looking Glass, which was actually a really interesting theme. Last year's theme was pretty bold too. It's always exciting to see who will follow the theme and who won't, and if they do, what they'll wear and how they'll incorporate it. I got home from work at 3:45pm yesterday and the first thing I did was get online to see the beautiful pictures and decide which looks I liked best. I'm just going to talk about a few of my favorites right now!

from top left: Diane Kruger in Chanel, Poppy Delevigne in Marchesa, Anna Ewers in Balenciaga, Lizzy Caplan in Donna Karan Atelier

Of those four, my absolute favorite has to be Diane Kruger's two-piece ensemble. I mean... those pants. They're flawless with the sheer lacy fabric, and it's just nice to see someone in pants at the Met Gala. Her look is just so effortlessly beautiful. My second favorite would have to be Anna Ewers in Balenciaga. I love the skirt of her dress, and how that's sheer too. She looks like a dancer in that dress. Her crown is very delicate and feminine too.

from top left: Wendi Murdoch in Oscar De La Renta, Kate Hudson in Michael Kors, Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy Haute Couture, and Gabrielle Union in Kimberly McDonald

Of these lovely looks, Kate Hudson's was my favorite. I just love the simplicity of a sparkly, gold dress.

Finally, I decided to narrow it down to my top four favorites and that was a huge struggle because I actually have at least a dozen top favorites. Some of the ones I absolutely adore but didn't include in this post (because I mean I don't want you to feel like this is ginormous novel of a post) are Lorde, Anna Wintour, Vanessa Hudgens, Allison Williams, and Alison Brie.

In my opinion, the most gorgeous look of the night had to be Rihanna in her stunning yellow gown. I mean if you haven't see that train, you have to scroll down right now. She was wearing Guo Pei.


Amal Clooney was wearing an equally beautiful gown, although less extravagant. She was wearing Maison Margiela. I love the ruffles on her dress and the different textures between the bodice of her dress and the skirt layers. Also, the deep red hue was a favorite of mine. And can we talk about her hair for a second? Oh my god, those perfect waves.


I was actually looking forward to seeing what Kendal Jenner would be wearing. I saw the sneak peek on instagram and I got really excited because green is my favorite color, as you know, and I wasn't sure what the strings would look like on the dress. When I think of strings, I tend to imagine an outfit with a very boho, beachy vibe so it was quite the plot twist to see what the dress actually looked like. It's definitely a favorite of mine from this year's Met Gala. It's Calvin Klein Collection, by the way.


Finally, I love the very regal look that Brie Larson, Courtney Eaton, and Annabelle Wallis were sporting. One of the things I love most about fashion is when designers go all out, very heavy with gold and jewels as well as with references to art history in their work. I feel like these Dolce and Gabbana looks exemplify this sort of style. The classic cuts of the dresses are also stunning, along with those headpieces. These ladies look like a dream. They look like what I think of when I think of the Met Gala.


Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope it's okay that I'll be posting so late! Have a lovely Wednesday tomorrow. :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!